So I’m really sorry for lagging!! It’s hard to catch a minute to myself here. I’ll do some quick updates now but I do have a full length entry typed out on my computer, I’m just on my phone right now.
1. Isaias has been making a huge effort to spend time with me. I sponsor him and he’s a quiet kid who is too cool for me haha but this year he’s really coming around. 🙂
2. This week we’ve been laying the rocks (foundation) for the basketball court. Once we finish we will be cementing it!!
3. Tonight is pizza party night! Angelina and I prepared an awesome dance with the high schoolers to Breathe In, Breathe Out by 116 Clique feat. Lecrae.
4. Waking up before 7 am every day is tough but so worth it.
5. I expect to be super buff after 7 weeks of manual labor, haha.
6. I found chimichurri here and I am soo excited!!
7. On a serious note, last night we drove by the plaza where the homeless children sleep. We saw an entire family sniffing glue. Including the little girl who was maybe 4 or 5 years old. They sniff the glue so they won’t feel hunger or cold. I have never seen anything so sad and I can’t get that image out of my head. It breaks my heart but also makes me so happy to be here at the BLC which helps to save children from situations like that. I can’t even put the emotions that I felt into words.